Identity Theft Program Benefits
Our unique identity theft solution provides you with all the components necessary to restore your identity, and prevent future incidences of identity theft. All work done on your behalf is performed by qualified Privacy Advocates. Our program takes a completely hands on approach to identity theft restoration.
Identity Theft Insurance*: You will also receive up to $25,000 worth of identity theft insurance coverage underwritten by a nationally recognized Insurance Carrier with an “A” or better AM Best Rating. This coverage will help offset some of the cost of restoring your identity to its original status including:
* Lost wages: $500.00 per week, for 4 weeks maximum
* Re-filing of loans
* Defense cost for certain civil & criminal law suits
* Reimbursement of fees: Reasonable and necessary costs incurred in the United States by the insured for:
** (a) Re-filing applications for loans, grants or other credit instruments that are rejected solely as a result of a stolen identity incident
** (b) Notarizing affidavits or other similar documents, long distance telephone calls and postage solely as a result of the insured's efforts to report a stolen identity incident and/or amend or rectify records as to the insured's true name or identity as a result of a stolen identity event
** (c) Up to six credit reports from established credit bureaus (with no more than two reports from any one credit bureau) dated within 12 months after the insured's discovery of a stolen identity incident.
* The description herein is a summary only. It does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policy described. Please refer to the actual policy for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Coverage not available to residents of New York and may not be available in other jurisdictions. Insurance coverage is limited only to the member.
Identity Theft Restoration:
Upon notification of an identity theft incident, Privacy Advocates will act on your behalf as a dedicated case manager to:
* Investigate and confirm the fraudulent activity, including known, unknown and potentially complicated additional sources of identity theft.
* Complete and mail customized, pre-populated, state specific “Fraud Packet “via certified mail with pre-paid return instructions.
* Place phone calls, send electronic notifications, and prepare appropriate documentation on the member’s behalf, including dispute letters for defensible complaints to any and all appropriate state agencies and financial institutions.
* Issue fraud alerts and victim statements when necessary, with the three consumer credit reporting agencies, the FTC, SSA, and U.S. Postal Service.
* Submit Special Limited Power of Attorney and ID Theft Affidavit to involved creditors for card cancellation and new card issuance.
* Contact, follow up and escalate issues with affected agencies, creditors, financial institutions, to reinforce member’s rights.
* Assist the member in notifying local law enforcement authorities to file the appropriate official reports.
* Utilize real time access to public records reports including DMV, criminal, address changes, liens, and judgments for further investigation where applicable.
* Provide peace of mind and resolution of key issues from start to finish as swiftly as possible.
* Provide members with a “Case Completion Kit “including copies of documentation, correspondence, forms and letters for their personal records.
Lost or Stolen Credit Card Assistance / Document Recovery Services: Privacy Advocates will assist members in the event their credit cards are misplaced or stolen.
Privacy Advocates will:
* Consult with member to determine the severity of the event
* Obtain credit reports from each of the three major credit
* Contact each credit card company or other financial institution with the member via teleconference.
* Cancel members affected credit cards
* Request new replacement cards
* Place fraud alerts with all three major credit bureaus
* Assist members with interpreting their credit reports
* Provide daily ID monitoring for six months to help proactively prevent any additional identity fraud
* Provide credit dispute assistance
* Assist with additional lost items including driver’s license, library, and other membership cards.
Did you know?
Untreated dental disease is even a risk factor for diabetes, heart disease and pre-term births
1 in 4 adults ages 65+ have lost all of their teeth
|Nearly 60% of children, 5-17, have tooth decay|
3957 Pleasantdale Rd.
Atlanta, GA 3034